The successful candidate will be responsible for onboarding and client operations of the bank’s clients. You will provide project management and client operations support; you will project manage the process, working with internal and external stakeholders i.e. operations, compliance, client relationships and finance teams, as well as liaising with Visa and Mastercard, clients, processors, card manufacturers and third parties.
• Act as deputy to the Head of Client Operations as required
• Provide guidance and mentoring to Associate Project Managers
• Onboarding new clients and client operations for VISA and Mastercard projects
• Implement changes to current programme managers (clients)
• Manage the termination & transitions of clients (at present this will be supported by another team until there is capacity available)
• Project management - Full lifecycle from inception to closure. Requirements gathering, producing the project scope, designing and implementing a project plan while being able to identify potential risks, issues and dependencies while meeting agreed deadlines.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders i.e. operations, compliance, client relationships, finance as well as VISA and Mastercard, clients, processors and card manufactures and third parties.
• Produce comprehensive internal and external reporting
• Chair and run internal & external meetings
• Proactively identify and action opportunities for alignment with scheme mandates and relevant regulations
• Back-office engagement - build strong relationships with the rest of the bank
• Lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Remediate client escalations and escalate to the Head of Client Operations when necessary
• Any ad-hoc projects and requests as required by the Head of Client Operations
Job Specific Competencies:
• Self starter, with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload effectively
• Strong organisational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to break down complex ideas and technical language for a non-subject matter expert
• Innovative, demonstrating a proactive approach to finding solutions
• Technical background, familiarity of working in banking / payments
• Develop rapport and build strong relationships with different functions of the Bank.
• Be able to work closely and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
• Strategic thinker with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skill
• Focused individual that is personable with good attention to detail
• Good decision making capabilities with a pragmatic approach
• Familiarity with projects and the full lifecycle
• Confident to chair meetings and lead discussions
• Document project plans and manage RAID logs
• Good research skills
• This role will require comprehensive knowledge of the Mastercard and Visa prepaid product processes
• High PC literacy and ability to navigate new interfaces confidently and unsupervised.
• Meticulous when conducting own research and problem solving.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Financial Services background and operations experience
• Stakeholder experience – i.e. Operations, Compliance, Finance Client
• Visa and MasterCard systems experience a plus
• MS Excel to a proficient level
• Project management experience & exposure
• Banking / Payments experience
• Prior experience with Visa and/or MasterCard
• Banking Identification Number (BIN) sponsorship knowledge
• JIRA Issue management
• Bachelor degree in relevant / applicable subject OR demonstrable experience of 10 years + in similar / equivalent roles
• Prince 2 or other relevant project management certificate