Our client IS an established private insurance company who are growing and looking for an Insurance Accountant for their Gibraltar office and the individual will be reporting to the Finance Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic company and team with a strong business growth agenda across multiple lines of business for 2022, providing plenty of opportunities to develop and progress your career.
• Preparation, management, and completion of accurate posting of Bordeaux for premiums claims and reinsurance for month end, across a multi-line business using Sage 200 system.
• To provide and maintain controls and governance around debtor balances, claims management and reserves
• Preparation of high-quality monthly Management Accounts produced on time and circulated to the Finance Manager.
• Production of Management Reports, Statutory Accounts, and all other reporting requirements within pre-set time frames
• Manage the reconciliation of multi-currency bank accounts. Ensuring all bank mandates are accurate and maintain accurate records of all transactions.
• Management and reconciliation of claim payments, from third party providers, through multi-currency bank accounts
• Take the lead role in the year-end audit, liaise with auditors, and provide accurate information as required
• To provide support for accurate and timely inter-company accounting
• Undertake project work as required and to assist in the implementation of the new data warehouse within the Finance team
• Part or fully qualified in a recognised accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or Equivalent
Skills and Knowledge:
• Computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong experience in a similar insurance accounting role
• Experience in use of Sage is desirable.
• Effective time management skills
• Accountable and is focused on result delivery
• Methodical with attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Able to plan and prioritise the work.
• Strong work ethic within a team and under minimum supervision
• Confident in dealing with customers both external and internal.