As Head of Compliance and MLRO you’ll be responsible for all aspects of the Compliance operations of the business, which is in the process of applying for a DLT provider license. You will ensure the business operates in alignment with all regulatory and compliance requirements, owning all compliance and regulatory policies, procedures, systems and controls and managing relationships with the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission.
• Act as an Approved Person with the GFSC and a local Executive Director of the Gibraltar entity.
• Develop and maintain the firm’s AML and CTF policy in line with current and evolving statutory and regulatory obligations.
• Establish and maintain appropriate risk-based monitoring plans and processes that are proportionate to the scale, nature and complexity of the business’s operations.
• Ensure the ongoing effectiveness of money laundering compliance policies and procedures to prevent money laundering and counter the financing of terrorism.
• Ensure all internal suspicious activity reports received are investigated without delay.
• Provide management information and reporting to the senior management team.
• Ensure policy and procedure documents are accurate and updated regularly.
• Proactively analyse regulatory risks and requirements associated with all future business products and services and make relevant recommendations.
• Represent the business to all external regulatory and law enforcement agencies.
• Manage all third-party enquiries in relation to money laundering prevention, investigation or compliance.
• Educate, train and support to the business on compliance developments and issues.
• Promptly respond to any reasonable request for information from the regulator and/or law enforcement agencies.
• Proven experience as senior level compliance professional within Crypto / DLT.
• Demonstrable working knowledge of Gibraltar’s DLT regulatory environment.
• Experience in building successful working relationships with the GFSC and Gibraltar law enforcement agencies.
• Ability to advise the leadership team on complex regulatory issues.
• Experience in external and internal regulatory reporting.
• Ability to understand the complexities of procedures and regulations and simplify issues for others.
• A track record in the development of dynamic regulated financial products and services.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects concurrently.
• An analytical mind.
• Able to work to short timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Able to operate as a key member of an international team.