As a member of the Financial Crime team, this role is primarily responsible for the investigation of alerts generated by the Company’s Transaction Monitoring system and provide support to the additional activities related to Suspicious Activity Reporting, PEPs and Sanctions. The Financial Crime Analyst will report to the Head of Financial Crime Prevention on daily activities and will also be involved in specific compliance tasks and projects.
• Playing a key role in supporting the delivery of comprehensive financial crime prevention and Anti-Money Laundering processes
• Analysis of cases generated by internal transaction monitoring software to detect Money Laundering/ Proliferation or Terrorism Financing activities.
• Verification of alerted transactions by conducting reviews on Clients accounts
• Making recommendations based on research/analysis results including making risk-based SAR recommendations and preparing SARs.
• Document steps taken throughout the investigation process to ensure the activity record is updated and maintained for audit and compliance purposes.
• Assist with the preparation of departmental Management information reports.
• Provide input to the maintenance of the departmental procedures
• Any other associated duties required from time to time to meet the departmental responsibilities and goals
Knowledge and Skills:
• Previous experience working in a compliance, fraud/AML related role
• Preferably previous experience working in a banking or financial services environment.
• Strong working knowledge of SARs, AML and KYC rules and regulations.
• Experience with analysing data/reports/trends.
• Awareness of the principles of risk mitigation, risk management and governance
• Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively
• Able to find pragmatic solutions, seek improvements, and adapt to changing situations.
• Able to present information, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner, with excellent attention to detail
• Commercial acumen – competent in analysing and evaluating client performance data.
• Problem-solving attitude
• Excellent communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
• Teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Customer-oriented mind-set
• Microsoft Excel (strong skills in this area are an advantage, should at least be able to use Pivot Tables and analyse data in an efficient way)
• Microsoft Outlook
• Microsoft Word