We are looking for a Financial Controller to be a part of the Senior Management Team and manage the Bank’s finances. The successful candidate will be responsible for financial reporting, financial planning, financial reconciliations and banking relationships.
• Oversee the Financial Reporting, Financial Reconciliation and Payments teams providing managerial cover as required;
• Ensuring that the reconciliation of Client bank accounts are reconciled daily and customer funds are properly segregated in accordance with regulations;
• Ensure that the daily settlement payments to Mastercard and Visa are made daily;
• Monthly analysis of Client reconciliations;
• Finance related Client queries responded to within agreed SLAs;
• Maintenance of procedures documentation for all tasks;
• Oversee the financial reporting of companies in Gibraltar and The Netherlands within tight deadlines following both Gibraltar GAAP and IFRS respectively;
• Lead on the external audit and tax filings;
• Manage the finance set up of all new Clients;
• Leading finance meetings with Clients;
• Manage all internal and external reporting; including but not limited to board reporting, management accounts, management information pack, reporting to both Mastercard and Visa and regulatory submissions to the Gibraltar and Dutch regulator;
• Manage the ICAAP & BRRD process in conjunction with the Compliance Department;
• Lead the annual budget and perform rolling forecasts;
• Training and mentoring of staff, many of whom are studying accountancy qualifications;
• Work closely with the Managing Director and other members of the Senior Management team;
• Manage payroll; coordinate payroll with external payroll bureau, manage benefits packages including liaison with external Broker handling pensions, liaise with external payroll bureau in regards to local Employment Board submissions including all notifications and other requirements such as permit applications and update and maintain employee records, including holiday and sickness leave.
Abilities and Skills Required:
• Developing rapport and building strong relationships with the Bank’s new and existing Clients;
• Proven experience in a Financial Services background;
• Strong management skills and a team player;
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail;
• Be able to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders;
• Strategic thinker with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills;
• Confidence in making recommendations to Management for improvements to systems/processes;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Work Experience and Education
• Qualified Accountant;
• Oracle knowledge preferred;
• Understanding of European and Banking Regulations, preferable.