Purpose of Role:
• To provide comprehensive financial and accounting services to the business and when necessary group entities. To support the Chief Financial Officer, and Management team of the company. To exercise considerable initiative, practical planning skills and professionalism when representing company image in high profile situations.
• To understand the role, objectives and responsibilities of the Chief Financial Officer, Management team and the company as a whole.
• Responsible overall for all accounting, bookkeeping, regulatory reporting, payroll, VAT and Partnership Tax matters and support for group entities when required.
• Provide backup cover for the Chief Financial Officer.
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting to management (BS, P&L, etc.)
• Preparation of FCA regulatory reports
• Preparation of VAT returns
• Preparation of annual budgets
• Preparation of annual financial statements and assistance with the completion of the audit
• Assistance with the preparation of the annual partnership tax computation
• Posting data to the accounting system
• Paying suppliers invoices
• Liaise with external auditors and tax advisors
• Review and maintain accounting systems to meet requirements
• Monitoring and reporting on all bank accounts
• Maintain good banking relationships
• Provide supervision for administration of monthly payroll
• Liaison with the costing and sales functions
• Prepare and organise financial reports for meetings and drafting correspondence when required, handling of confidential and sensitive information/issues.
• Supervision and checking of the administration of purchases, expense claims and invoices
The candidate for Financial Controller should ideally have an accounting or equivalent financial qualification and/or significant accounting and business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company of a similar size or division of a large corporation. UK accounting, financial and taxation experience would be beneficial. Should have staff supervision experience, be discrete and professional, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
• Adequate SAGE, Excel & Word skills
• Online portal skills
• UK taxation, regulation and VAT knowledge
• Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
• Accustomed to speaking to Senior Management and external suppliers, agents and clients
• Proactive approach, ability to prioritise workloads and remain calm under pressure
• Excellent organisational skills & attention to detail
• Discretion & professional attitude
• Flexibility around working hours