Roles and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of Statutory accounts, tax returns and management information for clients and client entities. Ensuring deadlines met thereon.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts on excel or accounting software.
• Monthly payroll for clients.
• Maintaining client relationships relating to financial matters.
• To provide clients with advice, information, and reports concerning the accounting information relevant to their company and or trust.
Key skills and qualifications:
• AAT qualified or equivalent qualification/qualified by experience.
• minimum 3 years of client accounting experience within the financial services sector.
• Double entry bookkeeping knowledge.
• Excellent grasp of bookkeeping both via accounting software and using a tradition “extended trial balance” with manual (excel) cashbooks, supporting schedules and journals.
• Understanding of Gibraltar Financial Reporting Standards and Gibraltar GAAP or UK equivalent.
• Knowledge of Gibraltar domestic taxation both Corporate and Personal.
• IT skills particular use of excel and ideally Sage or a similar bookkeeping package.
• Knowledge of Trust Accounting.
• Fund accounting.
• Accounting for pensions.