Compensation & Job type: Full-time following probation period.
Salary: $65-75k per annum DOE.
Relocation package negotiable.
Oversee all cannabis extraction and production operations. Responsibilities include laboratory setup, standard operating procedure development, regulatory compliance, hiring, training and personnel management, ensuring all cannabis extracted products are produced safely, efficiently, and consistently.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage team using ethanol/CO2 extraction, ethanol recovery, filtration, decarboxylation, distillation equipment, post processing of all products.
• Implementing, monitoring, and performing calibration of all lab equipment by establishing and ensuring consistent standards of use
• Oversee the manufacturing and packaging of all products (flower, capsules, vape carts, etc)
• Review and develop current and future extraction operations to improve efficiency and productivity
• Upholding SOP procedures and documenting planned deviations or non-conformities when required
• Understanding up-to-date Cannabis Regulations within the CARICOM region
Specific Job Functions & Expectations:
• Manage and optimise the timing of product batches and ensure all consumables are ordered in a timely fashion.
• Analyse and report on data daily to track yields and inventory throughout the process
• Create and update SOP'S for current and future processes
• Create maintenance schedule for all equipment as well as ensure all maintenance is logged and recorded
• Auditing production process and working with other departments to ensure procedures and reports are accurate and up to date
• Direct and monitor adherence to current SOP's and governing body requirements
• Facilitating testing with a variety of samples and R&D products with external labs
• Scheduling and tracking production equipment preventative maintenance and calibrations
• Review and approval of requested materials, equipment, and chemicals for production
• Assist with product recall/remediation or complaint investigations when necessary
• University degree in a relevant scientific field preferred
• Minimum (3) years management experience in a similar role
• Experience in cGMP, HACCP, GAP regulated environment (pharmaceutical, food manufacturing, etc.) is a must
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills required
• Excellent time management and organisational skills required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with experience training others
• Comfortable working in and capable of setting priorities in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
• Strong IT skills