Technical Claims Specialist (Non-Motor)
- €30,000 to 35,000 Per Year
- Review FNOL against relevant policy schedule, activates claims numbers in system and notifies management of unusual cases.
- Handle Commercial, Public Liability, Employers’ Liability, Household and Marine claims
- Establish and maintain accurate ultimate loss case reserves.
- Reviewing claims submission and determining coverage issues.
- Actively manages large losses to improve competitive margins.
- Exercise robust cost control measures in line with delegated authorities and internal audit protocols.
- Provide an effective resource for the execution of Claims Control / Cooperation Clauses when included on reinsurance business assumed by the Company.
- Effective assessment of more complex cases and review of adjustors reports.
- Preparation of claim FILE NOTES, LARGE LOSS NOTIFICATIONS etc.
- Preparation of Discharge & Subrogation Forms on adjusted claims.
- Analyse claims for coverage, causation, and valuation anomalies. Implements claim strategies for each line of business in collaboration with senior management and line underwriters.
- Appoint external expertise loss adjusters, architects, engineers, layers on claims in consultation with claims manager.
- Maintain accurate claims data in systems.
- Identify potential recovery at the outset of claims and sending holding letters to identified negligent parties.
- Review of final claims submissions before recommendation for payment.
- In the event of claim, work with the Company’s reinsurers claims counterparts to assure good communication, documentation flow and a smooth recovery process.
- Assist in policy wordings review based on claims experience.
- Participate in monthly claims reviewing process.
- Investigating further on potential fraudulent claims.
- Liaising with Brokers and TIIs on claim related matters.
- Preparing declinature letters on claims falling out of coverage in consultation with claims manager.
- Evaluation of claims as per the policy terms and conditions.
- Maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills through continued professional development.
- Ensure knowledge is up to date with local and international laws and regulations that effect the insurance claims environment and reporting such developments to the senior management.
- Assist Senior Management with claims audits.
- Quality assurance management.
- Handle a portfolio of recovery files.
- Liaise with other departmental heads as required.
Key Success Factors
- Adhere to the company’s Complaint Management process.
- Creative mind-set and innovative skills with a strong sense of commitment
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be a confident team player who can “fit” in a multinational company environment.
- Readiness and engagement for continuous development and learning
- Efficient handling of General Insurance claims both personal and commercial lines.
- Experienced in interacting with claims and document management systems
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and conceptual skills and be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the company, and where circumstances dictate, work more flexible/additional hours to support the claims proposition for our customers.
- Individual performance objectives will be set on an annual basis.
Got a question about your application? Get in touch!
Aftersales Administrator (Part-Time)
- £18,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Part-time Aftersales Administrator to join their team in Gibraltar....
- £25,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Parts Advisor to join their team in Gibraltar....
Broking Team Leader
- £30,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Broking Administrator to join their team in Gibraltar....
Senior Trust / Company Manager
- £50,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Senior Trust / Company Manager to join their team in Gibraltar....
Senior Engineer/Site Manager
- £24 - £30k
The successful applicant with form a senior part of a team that provides IT support to a variety of different businesses on both contractual and Ad Hoc bases. The company provides comprehensive business to business IT support, that understands client needs and...