Senior Credit Officer
- £45,000 to 55,000 Per Year
Duties and responsibilities:
The role holder will provide support to the Credit Function of the Gibraltar Bank and its London Branch. This involves undertaking the following:
- Supporting the Head of Credit Risk Management in the evaluation, preparation and submission of credit applications.
- Preparation of all credit related documentation i.e.
- Facility Letter o Pledge documentation
- Registration of charges
- Processing new limits and attach collateral to limits.
- Processing renewal of limits and collateral.
- Managing and processing the set up or the rolling of Lombard and property mortgages including:
- obtaining rates from treasury and ensuring the commercial mortgage is input correctly on Avaloq including any sub-participation;
- Managing and processing the set up of sub-participation
- Processing applicable Treasury Rates to relevant credit facilities i.e. monthly overdraft rates;
- Support the Head of Credit Risk Management with credit monitoring related activities including assessing unauthorised overdrafts, collateral shortfalls and limit breaches, ensuring that these are appropriately reported.
- Daily monitoring and review of credit risk and violations (limit excess, collateral shortfall and/or unauthorised credits);
- Support the Head of Credit Risk Management preparing reports, presentations and KPIs as may be required.
- Monitoring payment approvals in the event of credit violations;
- Maintain up-to-date procedures for credit tasks.
- Assist the Head of Credit Risk Management with any other tasks allocated.
- Maintain a strong compliant culture adhering to all relevant BJSS directives and relevant regulatory framework.
- Follow the company’s annual training plan and program.
- Exercise duties and tasks in line with the company’s Directives and Governance framework.
- Ensure the company complies with all BJSS policy directives and the external regulatory framework.
- Maintain a business oriented, efficient and effective Credit Risk Section.
- Provide absence cover for the Head of Credit Risk Management
- Experience in credit processing tasks
- Risk aware and be able to demonstrate continuous professional development
- Good understanding and management of Bank‘s Credit and Operational risks
- Strong relationship skills (internal and external)
- Strong awareness of the risk environment with a passion to succeed
- High level of integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written, the role holder will be expected review and provide clear feedback on credit approval documentation and be able to challenge the quality of submissions received.
- Strong IT skills; learn to use multiple systems interchangeably for the completion of everyday tasks
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work, as well as being able to stop/start tasks when reprioritised
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Graduate in a relevant field, preferred
- Relevant Credit / Credit Risk qualification essential
- CeMAP qualification (essential)
- CISI Risk Management (or similar, very desirable)
Got a question about your application? Get in touch!
Aftersales Administrator (Part-Time)
- £18,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Part-time Aftersales Administrator to join their team in Gibraltar....
- £25,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Parts Advisor to join their team in Gibraltar....
Broking Team Leader
- £30,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Broking Administrator to join their team in Gibraltar....
Senior Trust / Company Manager
- £50,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Senior Trust / Company Manager to join their team in Gibraltar....
Senior Engineer/Site Manager
- £24 - £30k
The successful applicant with form a senior part of a team that provides IT support to a variety of different businesses on both contractual and Ad Hoc bases. The company provides comprehensive business to business IT support, that understands client needs and...