The role of Receptionist contributes to the running and maintenance of a first class professional reception service and Front of House area at all times, as well as undertaking switchboard and meeting room reservation duties. The main focus of the role is the provision of exceptional client care demonstrating professionalism and attention to detail at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to, the core areas of support described below:
- Meet and greet all internal and external clients in reception and client meeting rooms informing appropriate staff of their arrival and ensuring that an exceptional standard of customer service is provided at all times.
- Keep the client reception area immaculately presented at all times.
- Ensure meeting rooms are prepared, vacated on time and maintained, this includes stationary and equipment preparation.
- Conduct regular meeting room and client facilities checks reporting any discrepancies to the relevant departments and Head Receptionist.
- Develop close working relations with the kitchen, facilities, building security, cleaning, maintenance, IT and other areas of the Firm to provide a smooth running service for internal and external clients.
- The role will also require an active interface with clients, partners, associates, staff and contractors.
- Operate the switchboard to professionally receive (within 3 rings – policy), screen and direct calls to appropriate person/department, divert calls to voicemail when no-one is available and take concise messages when appropriate.
- Receive, process and manage meeting room reservations accurately and efficiently on the computerised meeting room booking system maintaining the reservations records, communicating meeting room information to the host and liaising with members of the Front of House and IT teams in relation to catering/audio visual requirements.
- Complete all reception related documentation in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide prompt and efficient administrative support to clients as requested.
- Book concierge requests (e.g. booking taxis and couriers) in accordance with client instructions and ensuring that adequate records are kept including folio numbers for provision to Accounts Team.
- Effectively manage the various service email inboxes in conjunction with colleagues. Receive, sort and log by hand delivery mail/packages and couriers notifying the post room and appropriate staff of the delivery of items.
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- To be professionally presented at all times, wearing the uniform provided.
- Undertake all duties in a positive and professional manner. Be tactful, patient, tenacious and approachable at all times and escalate matters when necessary.
- Providing relief support for other members of the team, e.g. due to planned and unplanned absence
- Undertake any other duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Educated to GCSE/O-level standard or equivalent including English and Maths grades A-C.
- Proven experience in a front line customer service role preferably within a professional services or partnership environment. Exceptional hospitality/airlines experience would be considered.
- Experience of managing reception services in an organisation with boardroom facilities of 10 meeting rooms or more.
- Experience of handling complaints and dealing with challenging clients.
- Able to successfully form, build, develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with people from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds.
- Resilient and able to work under pressure – although a majority of priorities in this role are known in advance, timescales are often short and workload variable.
- Able to prioritise work due to constantly changing circumstances.
- Good keyboard skills and IT Literate including Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Able to use switchboard and room booking software.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Committed to the delivery of the highest levels of customer service.
- Able to work successfully as part of a team.
Got a question about your application? Get in touch!
- £24,000 to 26,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a AML Analyst to join their team Gibraltar....
Our client is currently seeking a Head of Compliance to join their team in Gibraltar...
Our client is now seeking a Senior Treasury Accountant to join their team in Gibraltar....
- £23,000 to 30,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Estate Manager to join their team in Gibraltar....
- Cheadle Hulme
- £30,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Claims Team Leader to join their team in Cheadle Hulme, Manchester....