Are you a highly motivated technology enthusiast, experienced in IP networking and interested in telecommunications? A rare opportunity has arisen for a Telecommunications business in Gibraltar. The successful candidate will form part of the team responsible for the company’s technology and service assurance.
The role provides opportunities for development and exposure to the breadth of technologies that support the company’s global network. As a Network Operations Technician, you will be required to provide technical support and network supervision across various fields, including RAN (2G/3G/4G/5G networks), International transport (OTN/WDM) networks, along with IP packet-based transport technologies such as MPLS and Carrier Ethernet. The Network Operations team is also responsible for the supervision of Gibtelecom’s Incident and Change Management policies.
Details about this role
- Monitoring of the company’s entire technology estate, through internal omnichannel monitoring platforms
- Exposure to technologies such as IP, WDM/OTN (terrestrial and submarine environments), IPTV, WIFI, Converged Voice (IMS), Mobile RAN.
- Provide 1st & 2nd line support to internal and external customers, providing service assurance and managing escalations accordingly.
- Collaboration with our various engineering teams to provide remote support with routers, firewalls, Layer2 & Layer3 aggregation and distribution elements, and any other related technologies within our ecosystem.
- Provide L1 fault resolution, always adhering to our Incident Management policy to ensure all events are recorded and resolved.
- Escalate issues to L3 or L4 support, internally or externally, with a view to achieving fault resolution within the designated SLA.
What do I need to apply?
- Preferable: A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent certification) within a Networking, Engineering, or relevant telecommunications field.
- Alternatively: Proven track record working within a networking/telecommunications environment.
- Experience working within a technical operations capacity would be beneficial.
- Ability to work within a demanding environment
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable managing customer expectations and meeting customer demands#
- Flexibility and ability to work well as part of a team
- A desire to develop and leverage an excellent and rare opportunity to work for Gibraltar’s largest technology provider
- This is an onsite role and requires the successful candidate to have physical presence in Gibraltar
- The role is offered on a full time, permanent basis subject to a 12 month probationary period
- You will be required to participate in a 24/7/365 shift rotation
- Very competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Membership to the staff defined contribution pension scheme (after 12 months employment)
- Access to company health cover scheme (After 12 Months)
Got a question about your application? Get in touch!
Are you a highly motivated Analyst interested in Telecommunications? An exciting new role has arisen for a Development & Integration Analyst in Gibraltar....
Our client is now seeking a Management Accountant to join their team in Gibraltar....
Our client is now seeking a Treasury Manager to join their team Gibraltar or Malta...
- £70,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Principal Engineer IP Core to join their team Gibraltar....
Our client is now seeking a Product Manager to join their team Gibraltar....