Fund Accountant – Remote
- €35,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Fund Accountant (Remote) to join their team. The candidate will be responsible on a daily basis for preparing the accounting of all transactions, prepare dealing summaries linked to subscriptions and redemptions, prepare the NAV calculations for a number of funds and corporate entities in our current portfolio as well as be involved in setting-up and servicing new clients.
The position will be remote subject to CET Time, and the successful candidate will be required to travel occasionally to other offices, mainly Spain, Malta and the UK on a quarterly basis.
Role and Responsibilities
- Daily direct reporting to Head of Fund Services, Fund Accounting Manager and Shareholder Services Senior Supervisor in relation to preparation and review of NAV calculations, shareholders and financial reporting
- Ensure all deliverables are completed within deadlines and controls are evidenced
- Perform quality and compliance assurance checks on information received, to external and independent sources and in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Process invoices and payments in accordance with our remit and in a timely manner
- Prepare and review daily bank reconciliations
- Intercompany, assets and investments reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Prepare, review and present monthly cashflow reports, KPI reports and other investment reporting as requested for monthly/quarterly meetings for the funds’ investment strategy committees and board of directors
- Liaise with the shareholders services team in relation to subscriptions and redemptions and related charges and commissions
- Assist the shareholder and compliance services team with review of dealing summaries, monthly statements, contract notes, share register updating and any client acceptance and due diligence procedures
- Prepare, review and present financial statements
- Assist with the smooth completion of annual audits including finalisation of all financial statements prior to review by the external auditors to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Provide exceptional client service by building strong relationships with our clients (fund managers, fund directors, promoters, brokers, custodians, intermediaries and other third parties)
- Develop strong knowledge of the client’s operations, underlying asset classes and hedging mechanisms.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required
- At least 1 years´ work experience in a fund accounting environment is essential
- Previous experience of PFS-Paxus integrated fund administration system would be an advantage
- Excellent MS Excel and strong MS Office required
- Part-qualification in ACCA or equivalent
- Strong organisational skills, ability to manage and track multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, client relationship and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Complies with internal controls, policies and procedures
- A structured performance review is carried out at least on an annual basis and subject to discretionary salary review
- The Group provides training on an ongoing basis in line with its continuous learning and development policy
Got a question about your application? Get in touch!
Senior Trust / Company Manager
- £50,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Senior Trust / Company Manager to join their team in Gibraltar....
Aftersales Administrator (Part-Time)
- £18,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Part-time Aftersales Administrator to join their team in Gibraltar....
- £25,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Parts Advisor to join their team in Gibraltar....
Broking Team Leader
- £30,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Broking Administrator to join their team in Gibraltar....
Senior Engineer/Site Manager
- £24 - £30k
The successful applicant with form a senior part of a team that provides IT support to a variety of different businesses on both contractual and Ad Hoc bases. The company provides comprehensive business to business IT support, that understands client needs and...