- £40,000 Per Year
Our client is now looking for a Financial Crime Prevention Manager for their office in Gibraltar. The successful candidate will manage the Financial Crime Prevention team, support the development of financial crime policy and processes, and manage the operational activities to ensure legal, regulatory and internal requirements are met.
• Responsible for management and resourcing of the Financial Crime Operations Team.
• Allocate and manage workload of the team ensuring that the Department and individuals meet internal SLA and deliver quality service.
• Manage the performance of the team through delivery of competency and QA framework and team training and development plans to develop the skills of the team and encourage retention.
• Test, tune and calibrate rule sets and thresholds for transaction monitoring systems.
• Maintain comprehensive Financial Crime Department procedures and records which meet business and regulatory requirements.
• Maintain appropriate systems and controls to provide management information to the MLRO and other senior managers to enable the measurement and management of Financial Crime risks across the business.
• Support business areas in understanding their Financial Crime related risks and how to implement appropriate systems and controls to mitigate those risks. This includes acting as SME on key projects as designated by the MLRO Support the review of the Financial Crime Policy and associated policies to ensure they are in line with current regulation and business developments and recommend amendments where appropriate. Assist the MLRO in communicating any relevant impacts to stakeholders in a clear and helpful manner.
• SARs evaluation & reporting.
• Plan and manage compliance & AML projects.
• Contribute to the Conduct and Operational Risk Committee.
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and people management experience is essential, with the ability to work across organisational boundaries and develop effective relationships at all levels.
• Preferably previous experience working in a banking or financial services environment with in-depth knowledge of financial crime and financial services regulations. In particular, the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission’s; Systems of control to prevent the financial system from being used for money laundering, terrorist financing or proliferation financing activities.
• Strong understanding of anti-money laundering directives and active legislation within the United Kingdom, Gibraltar and the European Union.
• An ability to work independently in completing assigned duties to sometimes tight deadlines.
• Strong planning, coordination and analytical skills – ability to understand sometimes complex situations to synthesise corresponding financial crime risk and appropriate risk mitigations.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to present information, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner, with excellent attention to detail. IT Skills
• MS Excel (strong skills in this area are an advantage, should at least be able to use Pivot Tables and analyse data in an efficient way)
• MS Outlook
• MS Word
Got a question about your application? Get in touch!
Our client is now seeking a Compliance Manager (MGA) to join an Online Gaming company in Gibraltar....
Are client is looking for a Compliance Manager to be the UKGC expert in the team and handle this license primarily. The company is currently licensed in the UK, Malta, Spain, Sweden and Gibraltar, but more is on the horizon! You will work collaboratively acros...
Our client is seeking a Network & Security Specialist to deliver a stable and robust Information Systems environment to enable Mansion Group to bring and retain customers....
Our client is seeking a dedicated professional to join their busy Operations Team. This is a key role that is essential to the day to day operations of their business and will offer the right individual a fantastic opportunity to develop upon their financial o...
- £25,000 to 30,000 Per Year
Our client is now looking for an Associate Lawyer with two years PQE and LLB to join their team in Gibraltar....