Job Title: Compliance Manager
Reporting to: Head of Compliance – Gibraltar
To assist with compliance responsibilities for the Gibraltar office, together with compliance responsibilities for a portfolio of insurance company and intermediary clients.
To develop relationships with the compliance function across various jurisdictions.
• Preparation and presentation of Compliance reports and intermediary clients
• Attend meetings as required in order to provide compliance updates and also regulatory advice and guidance
• Assist in the preparation and submission of regulatory applications for prospective insurance companies and intermediaries
• Ensure correct notification to the GFSC for prospective Regulated Individuals and Controllers the company and clients
• Ensure correct registration and notification to relevant authorities
• Operate and maintain Compliance Monitoring Programmes for the company and clients
• Undertake due diligence checks and risk profiling of existing and prospective new clients
• Undertake due diligence checks and fitness and propriety assessments of existing and prospective outsourced service providers of clients
• Provide advice in respect of ongoing technical regulatory/compliance queries from colleagues within the company and our clients
• Update and maintain the Compliance database for the company and our clients
• Report to and assist the Head of Compliance and Deputy Head of Compliance with client onboarding and ongoing monitoring
• Assist the Head of Compliance and Deputy Head of Compliance with ensuring that the company and client companies have all required policies and procedures in place and these are reviewed and updated in line with the Compliance Monitoring Programme
• Assist the Head of Compliance and Deputy Head of Compliance with ensuring that the company and client companies have all required terms of reference in place and these are reviewed and updated in line with the Compliance Monitoring Programme
• Provide input into the company and clients’ risk management and governance systems and risk registers as required.
Business management responsibilities:
• Adhere to the companies Policies and Procedures at all times
• Undertake all activities in a professional and ethical manner
• Attend and actively participate in internal meetings initiatives
• Complete timesheets accurately and on time
• Contribute to the overall positive working environment with impeccable conduct
Personal attributes, knowledge and experience:
• Reliable, hard-working, ethical and diligent
• 5 years’ experience at mid-senior level in similar compliance role would be preferable
• Sound understanding of the GFSC regulatory regime and compliance requirements for the company and clients
• Sound understanding of Gibraltar AML/CFT legislation and regulations and compliance requirements for companies involved in the insurance industry
• A high level of computer literacy
• Attention to detail
• Highly organised
• Problem solving and trouble shooting
• Strong communicator and presenter (written and verbal)
• Ability to work happily within a team and share the workload efficiently
• Flexible enough to maintain high quality work in a changing environment
Got a question about your application? Get in touch!
The candidate would be expected to have some accounting knowledge and it would be preferable if they are working towards achieving their AAT certificate or expressing an interest in following this path....
The candidate would be expected to have completed the AAT certificate or have a basic accounting knowledge and be working towards achieving their AAT certificate....
A B2B iGaming company who provide casino games to iGaming Operators and Aggregators is looking for an experienced Senior Account Manager to join their Business Development team in Gibraltar. If you’re looking for a new role along with a supportive and kno...
The Executive Director will assist in managing the Gibraltar office. This position has a high degree of autonomy, reporting to the local Managing Director. The Executive Director will provide an immediate local reference point for all relevant business c...
- £50,000 to £100,000 +
We are looking for someone to join us as a Senior Recruitment Consultant working with our professional services clients. Ideally you will have previously worked in the recruitment sector for a minimum of 2 years, however, we are also keen to hear from you if y...