- £25k - £30k DOE
Job Description : Claims Negotiator
Reporting to: Head of Claims
Location: Chislehurst, Kent
Overall Job Purpose:
To provide proactive management of claims in order to achieve high levels of satisfaction for the insured and broker through high quality claim management, resolution and excellent client service.
• Processing all classes of claims in an efficient and timely manner to achieve prompt resolution and settlement by working closely with insurers, TPA’s and loss adjusters.
• Liaise with clients, insurers, loss adjusters and other relevant parties when acting as the agent of a client during claims.
• To liaise with colleagues to identify improvements in internal and external claims processes & procedures.
• To maintain current knowledge with regard to industry compliance and claims regulation, by attending relevant events & training sessions.
• To maintain relationships with the existing Insurance Brokers client base and any incumbent AR’s / Businesses by providing first line contact face-to-face or telephone advice and support.
• Manage claims from cradle to grave, assessing liability, preparing the claim for the insurer to settle & making sure that all parties involved are kept up to date with any information.
• Monthly broker meetings for those who have a larger number of claims.
• To continue personal development by completion of ongoing insurance qualifications and/or training to improve personal knowledge of the industry and company business.
• To carry out administrative duties as required.
• To work within the FCA rules and related procedures published by the company from time to time. This includes the Company’s Compliance Manual and Training and Competence Manual.
• To attempt to resolve complaints within 48 hours referring any unresolved complaints promptly to the Head of Compliance.
• Ensuring the customer is treated fairly and that they receive excellent service accordance with industry and company guidelines.
• Maintaining quality and customer service standards keeping accurate records and ensuring client records on our software are up to date.
• Other ad-hoc duties that the employer determines fall within the job-holders capabilities.
• Accurate record keeping, clear note taking & use of diary
• Ability to work as a close team
• Ability to problem solve & share ideas
• Experience and ability to deal with a variance of claim types including Motor, Liability Claims, Commercial etc.
• Customer service focused & good communicator
• Experience using Acturis
• Cert CII qualified
• Minimum 3 years claim handling experience
Got a question about your application? Get in touch!
- £22,000 to 24,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Complaints Handler to join their team Gibraltar....
- £22,000 to 24,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Junior Underwriter to join their team Gibraltar....
- £20,000 to 23,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Reconciliations Assistant to join their team Gibraltar....
- £27,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Financial Administrator/ Accountant/ Bookkeeper to join their team Gibraltar....
- £24,000 to 26,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a AML Analyst to join their team Gibraltar....