Accounts Assistant (Transfers)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- 1st level checking of all transfers prepared by colleagues and passing to 2nd level checking of all transfers over £50k
- Identifying and posting all incoming amounts to the client accounts and liaising with users when necessary, in order to allocate funds
- Reconciliation of all clients accounts on a regular basis (to be defined dependent on volume of transactions)
- Preparation and posting of all transfers and currency conversions
- Ensuring procedures and controls regarding client and office transfers are followed
- Requesting currency exchange deals when necessary
- Obtaining authorisation of transfers before relevant cut-off times
- Ensuring all transfers processed and advising user when transfers completed
- Liaising with online banking support teams when necessary to expedite payments, obtain MR103s. request advice regarding payment creation etc.
- Review and deal with unreconciled items.
- Recommend improvements to processes and procedures in areas of efficiency, control, and work quality. Ad-hoc and project support responsibilities, as required.
- Contributing to the overall success of the department by deputising and providing cross-cover for colleagues when necessary.
- Undertake any other duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Sound intellectual skills evidenced by a strong academic background, preferably to graduate level or equivalent combination of A-levels, further training and experience. Must hold at least 5 GCSEs (A-C) or equivalent, to include Maths and English.
- AAT qualified (or working towards)
- Knowledge and experience of accounting principles and practices (e.g., reconciliation and balances, accounting computer systems and ledgers, coding structures, payroll procedures) ideally gained within a professional services environment or partnership.
- Experience of business payments platform e.g. EQPay.
- Experience of AIM or equivalent legal practice management system would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite – Excel and Outlook essential.
- Able to successfully form, build, develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with people from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds.
- Superior organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and ad-hoc urgent requests without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
- Client orientated with the ability to handle highly confidential information and maintain high levels of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and effectively manage own time.
- Committed to the delivery of the highest levels of customer service.
- Able to work successfully as part of a team
Got a question about your application? Get in touch!
- £45,000 to 50,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a Treasury Analyst to join their team in Gibraltar....
HR & Office Manager
- £45,000 Per Year
Our client is now seeking a HR & Office Manager to join their team in Gibraltar....
HR Manager (Part-Time)
Our client is now seeking a Part-Time HR Manager to join their team in Ceuta, Spain....
Our client is now seeking a Compliance Officer to join their team in Gibraltar....
Our client is now seeking a Legal Counsel to join their team in Gibraltar....